My Amazing Paradigm Change
Why I gave up evolutionary belief and became a biblical creationist
by Terry Novich
When I first became a committed Christian I didn’t, and indeed couldn’t, accept the Bible’s explanation for the origin of life and of the universe. How could any sensible educated person believe the Genesis account to be true? Evolution and long ages seemed to me to completely and rationally explain our origins.
Genesis’ six days of creation was simply mythological writings, old-fashioned beliefs that couldn’t be accepted by sophisticated people of the modern age. I was a firm believer in the ‘scientifically proven’ evolutionary theory and - I thought - I had no reason to change that belief.1
References:1. Batten, D. and Sarfati, J., 15 Reasons to Take Genesis as History, Creation Ministries International, Brisbane, Australia, 2006.
2. We all have the same earth, the same fossil layers, the same animals and plants, the same stars, but we start with different presuppositions. See, Creation, where’s the proof?
3. For the belief system behind evolution see: Sarfati, J., Who’s really pushing ‘bad science’?
5. Batten, (Ed.) et al. The Creation Answers Book, ch. 2, Creation Ministries International, Brisbane, Australia, 2007.
6. For a variety of articles relating to missing links use the search engine at creation.com.
7. Batten, D., Simple? Whole bacteria genome sequenced, Journal of Creation 10(1):6–7, 1996.
8. Catchpoole, D. and Sarfati, J., Schweitzer’s dangerous discovery.
9. See ‘Scientists of the past who believed in a Creator’.
10. See a list of some people living today who hold a doctorate in a science-related field and accept the biblical account of creation to be true.
11. Kulikovski, A.S., The Bible and hermeneutics: biblical inerrancy.
12. Ashton, J.F., In Six Days, Strand Publishing, Sydney, 1999.
http://creation.com/my-amazing-paradigm-change-by-terry-novich 20 May 2008(GMT+10)
© XTOLZ Christian T-shirts and Gifts. All rights reserved. Unless otherwise attributed all images are the sole property of XTOLZ and are protected by copyright law